Wednesday 4th November 2020
An increasing number of companies and economic sectors are under severe pressure. Even if they were healthy and well-capitalised before the pandemic, today is a different story with thousands of businesses at risk. The current big challenge for viable businesses is getting money to bridge their lack of liquidity to survive the Covid crisis and reset their business for future growth.
With more people moving online and relying on digital platforms for work, shopping and entertainment, there will be some companies seeking growth capital to pivot and grow as they transition to the new environment. On the other hand, many Irish businesses are facing liquidity challenges and are looking to strengthen their balance sheets to get through this crisis. Company boards need to decide not only on when to raise capital and how much, but where to seek it and how to structure the investment to give themselves the best chance of negotiating a beneficial deal in the era of Covid-19.
Growth-stage companies should prepare for difficult times ahead as funding euros, funding rounds and private company valuations have declined. Investors will be asking which companies will make it to the other side of the Covid-19 crisis and who will not just survive, but thrive post-pandemic.
The Business Post’s 2020 Raising Capital Summit will explore the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on funding viable businesses with growth potential. This virtual conference is designed to boost your knowledge of capital raising options in the current climate helping you make connections, discuss funding options and future growth pathways.
- Leading your business through recovery: Financial do’s and don’ts
- Fundraising in the context of Covid-19: Steps to successfully raising capital during the crisis
- The impact on business valuation: As valuations shrink and the focus is on sustaining and restructuring core operations and reorient them towards profitability, what are the key questions that businesses need to consider?
- How are traditional lenders responding to the crisis?
- What can the government do to attract private capital investment in firms and make equity financing easier to access?
- Consolidation, restructurings and defaults – what is the outlook for the private debt market going forward
- What sort of deals are being funded (and what is not)? How investor outlook has changed throughout 2020
- Entrepreneurs’ experiences of building their businesses and their experience since the Covid crisis
- How to survive in a downturn from those who have done it! Insights from entrepreneurs on the key factors in ensuring resilience and recovery
The Virtual Summit
To adapt to the current environment and the growing demand for delegates to enjoy the conference experience in an online manner, the Raising Capital Summit 2020 will come to you as a first of its kind virtual event.
While our delegates will join in from the comfort of their homes and offices across Ireland and around the world, the event itself will be broadcast live from our dedicated studio in Dublin. Many of our speakers and panellists will appear live on stage, while our international keynotes and participants will be video-conferenced in to join the conversation.
Delegates will have the opportunity to step into the unique virtual summit environment, which includes access to the main virtual conference stage for the full day, live speaker & panel Q&A sessions, a virtual exhibition hall, copies of presentations & content post-event, as well as the opportunity to network, connect and chat with fellow online attendees, speakers and partners in real time.
The Virtual Summit Experience:
Virtual attendance will be easily facilitated by our specially customised conferencing platform and dedicated AV team.
Benefits of virtual attendance include:
- Access to Virtual Main Stage for all keynotes, presentations and debates
- Q&A Sessions with our speakers
- Video content of the latest Smart Health technology
- Opportunities to meet 100’s of attendees virtually, and set up meetings and conversations
- Online virtual exhibition hall
- Meet the industry using our matchmaking and profiling facilities
- Copy of attendee list post-event
- Copy of all presentations post-event
OUR TICKETS AND PRICING
GET 4 TICKETS FOR THE PRICE OF 3
GET 10 TICKETS FOR THE PRICE OF 6
GET 20 TICKETS FOR THE PRICE OF 10
Have a look at the highlights video from our hugely successful event in 2019:
Our Sponsors and Supporters
Our valued partners for this event:
This summit is organised by Business Post LIVE & iQuest.
If you have any questions, requests, or require assistance with your booking, please feel free to contact me: